Algorithms for Delay Constrained and Energy Efficiently Routing in Wireless Sensor Network
The growing popularity of wireless sensor network applications has stimulated strong interest in extending quality of service support to existing routing protocols. Conventional wireless sensor network routing protocols usually concentrate on the constrained condition of ‘shortest path’ with minimum used energy. However, the path with minimum used energy can’t provide the minimum end to end delay guarantee. Moreover, wireless sensor network is required to support the delay-sensitive traffic. So the reduction of the end to end delay is a new challenge for wireless sensor network. To this point, this paper mainly focuses on the node delay constrained energy efficiently routing algorithm.
KeywordsSensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Relay Node Knapsack Problem Delay Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Rabaey, J.M., et al.: PicoRadio supports ad hoc ultra low power wireless networking. IEEE Computer 33, 42–48 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Katz, R.H., Kahn, J.M., Pister, K.S.J.: Mobile Networking for Smart Dust. In: Proceedings of the 5th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom 1999), Seattle, WA (August 1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Youssef, M., Younis, M., Arisha, K.: A constrained shortest-path energy-aware routing algorithm for wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communication and Networks Conference (WCNC 2002), Orlando, FL (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Younis, M., Munshi, P., Al-Shaer, E.: Architecture for Efficient Monitoring and Management of Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the IFIP/IEEE Workshop on End-to-End Monitoring Techniques and Services (E2EMON 2003), Belfast, Northern Ireland (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, Y., Heidemann, J., Estrin, D.: Geography-informed energy conservation for ad hoc routing. In: Proceedings of the 7th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom 2001), Rome, Italy (July 2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, B., Krunz, M.: Algorithms and Protocols for Stateless Constrained-Based Routing. In: Proceddings of IEEE GLOBECOM 2001 – Global Internet Symposium, San Antonio (December 2001)Google Scholar