An Efficient Certificate Management for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network
MANET has dynamic composition in which nodes are frequently changing, when a node is damaged, reliability between nodes may be changed and they may join in other administrative domains quickly they can rely on. This study suggests security requirements for MANET which can be a base of ubiquitous system and models that can prevent security threat through application of PKI without trusted certificate authority in MANET. It is also solve excessive loading found in centralized control model by dispersing CA for adjustment to dynamic changes of nodes of MANET quickly and suggests a system model which supports expansion so that existing nodes performing communication within clusters can provide active certificate service without being affected by input of new nodes. In addition, it is to evaluate its stability, effectiveness and strength through simulation of the suggested model.
KeywordsCluster Head Cluster Member Security Mechanism Certificate Authority Administrative Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perkins, C.E.: Ad Hoc Networking. Addison Wesley, Reading (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Royer, E.M., Toh, C.-K.: A review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Network. IEEE Personal Communication, 46–55 (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Johnson, D., Maltz, D., Hu, Y.-C., Jetcheva, J.: The dynamic source routing protocol for mobile ad hoc network. IEEE Internet Draft, draft-ietf-manet=dsr-05.txt, (work in progress) (March 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M.: Ad hoc on-demand distance vector routing. In: IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 90–100 (February 1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Murthy, S., Garcia-Lunca-Aceves, J.J.: An efficient routing protocol for wireless networks. ACM Mobile Networks and Applications Journal, 183–197 (October 1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Herzberg, A., Jarecki, S., Krawczyk, H., Yung, M.: Proactive secret sharing or: How to cope with perpetual leakage. In: Coppersmith, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 1995. LNCS, vol. 963, pp. 339–352. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Kong, J., Zerfos, P., Luo, H., Lu, S., Zhang, L.: Providing Robust and Ubiquitous Security Support for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In: IEEE Computer Society, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP 2001), p. 251 (2001)Google Scholar