Geographic Pattern Routing for MANETOR in IVC
This paper proposes a novel routing protocol dedicated to IVC. This routing protocol, named as geographic pattern routing (GPR). The protocol does not need to search route frequently, so sufficient bandwidth is reserved for application packets, and QoS is easily guaranteed. It has ingredients to support geographic pattern search and packet forwarding assisted by geographic pattern, and it considers whether sufficient nodes are on the path represented by geographic pattern to allow packets forwarding to the destination. Besides vehicle location, it does not need other information. The simulation shows that GPR is better than other routing protocols.
KeywordsData Packet Intermediate Node Geographic Pattern Packet Delivery Ratio Packet Forwarding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.FleetNet Documents, http://www.et2.tu-harburg.de/fleetnet
- 2.CarTALK european Project contract-number IST-2000- 28185, http://www.cartalk2000.net
- 3.Blum, J.J., Eskandarian, A., Hoffman, L.J.: Challenges of Inter-vehicle Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 5(4) (December 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Hao, J., Hou, K.-m., et al.: Capacity and packets delivery analysis of MANET on road. In: ICWN 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Karp, B., Kung, H.T.: GPSR: Greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks. In: Proceedings of 6th Annual Internation Conference on Mobile computing and Networking (MobiCom 2000), Boston, MA, USA, pp. 243–254 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Tian, J., Han, L., Rothermel, K., Cseh, C.: Spatially aware packet routing for mobile ad hoc inter-vehicle radio networks. In: The Intelligent Transportation Systems Conf., Shanghai, China (October 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Rudack, M., Meincke, M., Lott, M.: On the Dynamics of Ad-Hoc Networks for Inter-Vehicle Communications (IVC). In: The 2002 International Conference on Wireless Networks ICWN 2002, Las Vegas, USA (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Yves, J., Blazevic, L., Ciordano, S.: A location-based routing method for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing 3(4), 243–254 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Kuhn, F., Wattenhofer, R., Zhang, Y., Zollinger, A.: Geometric Ad-Hoc Routing: Of Theory and Practice. In: Proc. Of the 22nd ACM Symposium on the Principles of Distributed Computing(PODC) (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Lochert, C., Mauve, M., Füßler, H., Hartenstein, H.: Geographic routing in city scenarios. ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review 9(1) (January 2005)Google Scholar