Segmental Semi-Markov Model Based Online Series Pattern Detection Under Arbitrary Time Scaling
Efficient online detection of similar patterns under arbitrary time scaling of a given time sequence is a challenging problem in the real-time application field of time series data mining. Some methods based on sliding window have been proposed. Although their ideas are simple and easy to realize, their computational loads are very expensive. Therefore, model based methods are proposed. Recently, the segmental semi-Markov model is introduced into the field of online series pattern detection. However, it can only detect the matching sequences with approximately equal length to that of the query pattern. In this paper, an improved segmental semi-Markov model, which can solve this challenging problem, is proposed. And it is successfully demonstrated on real data sets.
KeywordsHide Markov Model Dynamic Time Warping Pattern Detection Query Pattern Motion Capture Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Meek, C., Birmingham, W.: The Dangers of Parsimony in Query-By-Humming Applications. In: Proc. of International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval, Baltimore, USA, pp. 51–56 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Keogh, E., Palpanas, T., Zordan, V.B., Gunopulos, D., Cardle, M.: Indexing Large Human-Motion Databases. In: Proc. of 30th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Toronto, Canada, pp. 780–791 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Mandelbrot, B.: Fractals and Scaling in Finance: Discontinuity, Concentration, Risk. Springer, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Fu, A.W., Keogh, E., Lau, L.Y.H., Ratanamahatana, C.A.: Scaling and Time Warping in Time Series Querying. In: Proc. of the 31st VLDB, Trondheim, pp. 649–660 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Ferguson, J.D.: Variable Duration Models for Speech. In: Proc. Symposium on the Application of Hidden Markov Models to Text and Speech, pp. 143–179 (1980)Google Scholar
- 7.Ge, X.P., Smyth, P.: Deformable Markov Model Templates for Time-Series Pattern Matching. In: Proc. of the 6th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discover and Data Mining, Boston, USA, pp. 81–90 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Ge, X.P., Smyth, P.: Hidden Markov Models for Endpooint Detection in Plasma Etch Processes. Technical Report, Dep. Of ICS, UCI. Available from http://citeser.nj.nec.com/
- 9.Jia, S., Qian, Y.T., Dai, G.: An Advance Segmental Semi-markov Model Based Online Series Pattern Detection. In: Proc. of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, UK, vol. 3, pp. 634–637 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Argyros, T., Ermopoulos, C.: Efficient Subsequence Matching in Time Series Databases under Time and Amplitude Transformations. In: Proc. of 3rd ICDM, USA, pp. 481–484 (2003)Google Scholar