View-Angle of Spatial Data Mining
In order to discover the knowledge with various granularities from amounts of spatial data, a view-angle of spatial data mining is proposed. First, the view-angle of spatial data mining is defined. In its context, the essentials of spatial data mining are further developed. And the view-angle based algorithms are also presented. Second, the view-angles of Baota landslide-monitoring data mining, and their pan-hierarchical relationships, are given. Finally, view-angle III is taken as a case study to discover quantitative, qualitative and visualized knowledge from Baota landslide-monitoring databases. The results indicate that the view-angle based data mining is practical, and the discovered knowledge with various granularities may satisfy spatial decision-making at different hierarchies.
KeywordsData Mining Spatial Data Landslide Hazard Monitoring Point Spatial Database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Han, J., Kamber, M.: Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques. Academic Press, San Francisco (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, Z., Zhang, Z.L.: Model recognition of landslide deformation. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University 27, 127–132 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, D.R., et al.: Theories and technologies of spatial data mining and knowledge discovery. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University 27, 221–233 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Miller, H.J., Han, J. (eds.): Geographic Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. Taylor and Francis, London (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, S.L.: Data field and cloud model based spatial data mining and knowledge discovery. Ph.D. Thesis, Wuhan University, Wuhan (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Sangqing, W.: Landslide Monitor and Forecast on the Three Gorges of Yangtze River. Earthquake Press, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Zeng, X.P.: Research on GPS Application to Landslide Monitoring and its Data Processing, Dissertation Master, Wuhan University, Wuhan (2000)Google Scholar