Knowledge Reduction in Incomplete Systems Based on γ–Tolerance Relation
The traditional rough set theory is a powerful tool to deal with complete information system, and its performance to process incomplete information system is weak, M.Kryszkiewcz has put forward the tolerance relation to handle the problem. however,the method may not be perfect on account of excessively many intersectional elements between classifications. This paper improves the tolerance relation proposed by M.Kryszkiewcz to obtain the γ–tolerance relation and γ–tolerance classes, presents rough set model for incomplete information system based on the γ–tolerance relation. The method of γ–tolerance relation is proved to be more superior to that of M.Kryszkiewcz’s tolerance relation. Finally, the conception of γ–attributes reduction is defined, and the algorithm of γ–attribute reduction is provided.
KeywordsRough set Tolerance relation γ–tolerance relation incomplete information system γ–attribute reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, G.-Y.: Rough Set Theory and Knowledge Discovery. Xi’an JiaoTong University Press, Xi’an (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, Q.: Rough Set and Rough Reasoning. Science Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, W.-X., Leung, Y., Wu, W.-Z.: Information System and Knowledge Discovery. Science Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, W.-Z., Mi, J.-S., Zhang, W.-X.: A New Rough Set Approach to Knowledge Discovery in Incomplete Information System. In: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Xi’an, November 2-5, 2003, pp. 1713–1718 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, H.-Y., Liang, J.-Y.: Variable Precision Rough Set Model and a Knowledge Reduction Algorithm for Incomplete Information System. Computer science 30(4), 153–155 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, G.-Y.: Extension of Rough Set under Incomplete Information System. Journal of Computer Reseach and Development 39(10), 1238–1243 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.He, W., Liu, C.-Y., Zhao, J., Li, H.: An Algorithm of Attributes Reduction in Incomplete Information System. Computer science 31(2), 153–155 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Huang, B., Zhou, X.-Z.: Extension of Rough Set Model Based on Connection Degree under Incomplete Information System. Systems Engineering –Theory and Practice 1, 88–92 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Wei, D.-K., Zhou, X.-Z., Zhu, Y.-G.: Knowledge Reduction in Incomplete Information Systems Based on Improved-tolerance Relation. Computer Science 32(8A), 53–56 (2005)Google Scholar