Traffic Actuated Car Navigation Systems in Mobile Communication Networks
This paper propose to see how the center based car navigation systems are practical in terms of using real time traffic information and guiding the way with different media of both of the Turn by Turn and the digital map service. The systems have been applied to all the road networks in Korea but the traffic actuated car navigation systems are mainly applicable to the road networks in the Seoul, which has 40 km diameter, including satellite cities. As a result of this, the actual driving tests are conducted in that area. The tests are analyzed using two aspects. The first aspect is that the quality of the information using the car navigation systems can be acceptable to the customers in around 80 percentage of a statistical level. The other is if the user- friendly interface is relatively helpful to the customers while they are driving a car. The result shows that the route displayed on the TFT LCD helps the drivers to understand which way they have to take.
KeywordsTravel Time Standard Service Traversal Time Mobile Communication Network Variable Message Sign
- 2.Chen, Y.L., Tang, K.: Shortest Paths in Time-Schedule Networks. International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management 3, 157–173 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Kaufman, D.E., Smith, R.L.: Faster Paths in Time-Dependent Networks for IVHS Applications. IVHS Journal 1, 1–11 (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Michalewicz, Z.: Genetic Algorithm+Data Structure=Evolution Programs. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Sheffi, Y.: Urban Transportation Networks. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1985)Google Scholar
- 10.Thomas, R.: Traffic Assignment Techniques, Avebury Technical (1991)Google Scholar