A New Context Script Language for Developing Context-Aware Application Systems in Ubiquitous Computing
In order to develop a variety of context-aware application systems, we require a context script language to describe both various decisions on context-awareness and appropriate procedures according to the decision. In this paper, we propose a new context script language which can represent a variety of contexts as a standard syntax. The proposed context script language is a general purpose one to provide users with functions to define a given context in a clear and precise manner. To show the usefulness of the proposed context script language, we develop a context-aware application system using it, which can provide users with a music playing service in ubiquitous computing environment.
KeywordsUbiquitous Computing Music Playing Popular Music Fixed Node Context Object
- 3.Yau, S.S., Karim, F.: Context-sensitive Middleware for Real-time Software in Ubiquitous Computing Environments. In: Proc. of 4th IEEE Symposium on Object-oriented Real-time Distributed Computing, pp. 163–170 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Couderc, P., Kermarrec, A.M.: Improving Level of Service for Mobile Users Using Context-Awareness. In: Proc. of 18th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems, pp. 24–33 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Affix: Bluetooth Protocol Stack for Linux, http://affix.sourceforge.net
- 7.Bluetooth Version 1.1 Profile, http://www.bluetooth.com
- 8.Priyantha, N.B., Chakraborty, A., Balakrishnan, H.: The Cricket Locaion Support System. In: 6th ACM/IEEE Int’l Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM), pp. 32–43 (2000)Google Scholar