DSP Based Fuzzy-Neural Speed Tracking Control of Brushless DC Motor
In this paper, Fuzzy-Neural control architecture is applied in order to construct precise speed control of brushless DC motor (BLDC) in high performance applications. BLDC motors have been becoming popular owing to high torque density, large power to weight ratio, high efficiency, high power factor, and robustness. The proposed controller is successfully implemented in real time using a digital signal processor (DSP) board DS1104 for BLDC motor. The effectiveness of the proposed controller is verified by as well as experimental results of different dynamic operating conditions. The software of system is developed in dSPACE Control Desk.
KeywordsDigital Signal Processor Fuzzy Neural Network Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Firing Strength BLDC Motor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kim, K.-H., Young, M.-J.: DSP-Based High-Speed Sensorless Control for a Brushless DC Motor Using a Link Voltage Control. In: Electric Power Compenents and Systems, vol. 30, pp. 889–906. Taylor & Francis, Abington (2002)Google Scholar
- Ibrahim, Z., And Levi, E.: Fuzzy Logic Versus PI Speed Control in High-Performance AC Drives: A Comparison, Electric Power Compenents and Systems, vol. 31, pp. 403–422. Taylor & Francis, Abington (2003)Google Scholar
- Barsoum, N.: Artificial Neuron Controller for DC Drive. IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting 1, 398–402 (2000)Google Scholar
- Rubaai, A., Kotaru, R., Kankam, M.D.: A Real-Time Neural Network Based Controller For Brushless DC Motor Drives. In: Industry Applications Conference, 1997. Thirty-Second IAS Annual Meeting, IAS 1997, Conference Record of the 1997 IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 828–835 (1997)Google Scholar
- Jang, J.-S.R., Sun, C.-T., Mizutani, E.: Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1997)Google Scholar
- Lin, C.T., Lee, C.S.G.: Neural Fuzzy Systems. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1996)Google Scholar
- DS 1104 R&D Controller Board Features, dSPACE GmbH, Germany (2003)Google Scholar