Cluster-Based Secure Data Transmission Solution for Ad Hoc Network
This study proposes a cluster-based data transmission solution for ad hoc networks. In the proposed concept, when a cluster is formed, cluster head receives the trust values of neighboring nodes and evaluates the trust of cluster member nodes in an accurate and efficient way using trust values it received and its own leader value. This mechanism enables cluster head to authenticate new nodes randomly joining the cluster. In addition, a limited broadcasting mechanism was used by reducing the amount of control packets in an effort to enhance the efficiency in data transmission. The number of cluster heads, the communication path length and the amount of control packets were measured to verify the efficiency of the proposed concept.
KeywordsMobile Node Cluster Head Neighboring Node Control Packet Gateway Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Luo, H., Lu, S.: Ubiquitous and Robust Authentication Services for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Technical Report TR-200030, Dept. of Computer Science, UCLA (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Venkatraman, L., Agrawal, D.P.: A Novel Authentication scheme for Ad Hoc Networks. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Desmedt, Y., Jajodia, S.: Redistributing secret shares to new access structures and its applications., George Mason Univ., Tech. Rep (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Bayya, A., Gupte, S., Shukla, Y., Garikapati, A.: Security in Ad hoc networks, CS 685, Computer Science Department University of KentuckyGoogle Scholar
- 6.Lo, H., Zerfos, P., Kong, J., Lu, S., Zhang, L.: Self-securing ad hoc wireless networks. In: Proc. 7th IEEE Symp. On Comp. and Communication (ISCC), Taormina (2002)Google Scholar