Network-Based Face Recognition System Using Multiple Images
The purpose of this study was to propose the real time face recognition system using multiple image sequences for network users. The algorithm used in this study aimed to optimize the overall time required for recognition process by reducing transmission delay and image processing by image compression and minification. At the same time, this study proposed a method that can improve recognition performance of the system by exploring the correlation between image compression and size and recognition capability of the face recognition system. The performance of the system and algorithm proposed in this study were evaluated through testing.
KeywordsFace Recognition Recognition Rate Face Image Image Compression Facial Expression Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yambor, W.: Analysis of PCA based and Fisher Discriminant-based Image Recognition Algorithms. Technical Report CS-00-103, Computer Science Department Colorado State University, p. 7 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Murase, H., Nayar, S.K.: Visual Learning and Recogntion 3-Dobject from appearance. International journal of Computer Vision 14 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Y., Liu, C.: Face recognition using kernel principal component analysis and genetic algorithms. In: Proceedings of the 2002 12th IEEE Workshop on Neural Networks for Signal Processing, pp. 337–343 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, J., Zhang, D., Frangi, A.F., Yang, J.Y.: Two-Dimensional PCA: A New Approach to Appearance-Based Face Representation and Recognition. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 26(1) (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Bourel, F., Chibelushi, C.C., Low, A.A.: Robust facial expression recognition using a state-based model of spatially localised facial dynamics. In: Proceedings of Fifth IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 7.International Conference on Automatic Face andGesture Recognition, pp. 106–111 (2002)Google Scholar