An Improved TTS Model and Algorithm for Web Voice Browser
The paper describes a Web voice browser based on improved text-to-speech algorithm and architecture, which making Internet content available by voice. A visual and audible web browser was discussed in terms of HTML files to be tuned with TTS and speech recognition processes. The voice evaluation results show that the system has better voice quality and data identifiability than other voice browsers.
KeywordsSpeech Synthesis Speech Quality Linear Predictive Code Voice Conversion Data Identifiability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chou, F.C., Tseng, C.Y., Chen, K.J., Lee, L.S.: A Chinese text-to-speech system based on part-of-speech analysis, prosodic modeling, and nonuniform units. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, pp. 923–926 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Dutoit, T.: An Introduction to Text-to-Speech Synthesis. Kluwer, Norwell, MA (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Bao, H., Wang, A., Lu, S.: A Study of Evaluation Method for Synthetic Mandarin Speech. In: Proceedings of ISCSLP 2002, The Third International Symposium on Chinese Spoken Language Processing, pp. 383–386 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, W., Lin, F., Li, J., Zhang, B.: Generation of Chinese Prosodic Phrasing Rules by an Extension Matrix Algorithm. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICASSP 2002, pp. 489–492 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Lu, H.M.: An Implementation and Analysis of Mandarin Speech Synthesis Technologies. M. S. Thesis, Institute of Communication Engineering, National Chiao-Tung University (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Yan, Q., Vaseghi, S.: Analysis, Modelling and Synthesis of Formants of British, American and Australian Accents. ICASSP 1, 712–715 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Torajlic, E., Rentzos, D., Vaseghi, S., Ho, C.H.: Evaluation of Methods for Parametric Formant Transformation in Voice Conversion. ICASSP I, 724–727 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Wouters, J., Macon, M.W.: Spectral Modification for Concatenative Speech Synthesis. ICASSP- pp II. 941–II.944 (2000)Google Scholar