A Model of Video Coding Based on Multi-agent
In this paper we first propose a model of video coding based on multi-agent systems to improve the coding efficiency for H.264. We adopt the scheme of MAS in which the frame agent is designed to get information from the encoded frames regarding which reference macroblocks to select and to find the best motion vector by intercommunicating to each other and the whole coding process can be executed in a parallel way. Each frame agent can do himself coding work, and Motion Estimation can be used through the intercommunion between all the limited frame agents. In addition, a variety of Agents constructions and the ways to implementation are also discussed. The analysis study show that our design model is a valid and the proposed model presents us a novel video coding technology compared to other classical methods, which is a kind of technology fusion of signal processing and AI.
KeywordsMotion Estimation MultiAgent System Video Code Intra Prediction Output Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.264, Draft ITU-T Recommendation and Final Draft International Standard, Pattaya, Thailand (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Pan, F., Rahardja, L.S., Lim, K.P., Wu, L.D., Wu, W.S., Zhu, C., Ye, W., Liang, Z.: Fast intra mode decision algorithm for H.264-AVC video coding. In: Image Processing, 2004. ICIP 2004. 2004 International Conference on, October 2004, vol. 2, pp. 24–27, pp. 781–784 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C., Wu, P.-H., Chen, H.: Transform-Domain Intra Prediction for H.264; Circuits and Systems. In: ISCAS 2005. IEEE International Symposium, May 23-26, 2005, pp. 1497–1500 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Efficient block-size selection algorithm for inter-frame coding in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Yu, A.C. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. In: Proceedings (ICASSP 2004). IEEE International Conference on, May 17-21, 2004, vol. 3, pp. iii- 169–72 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Yi, X., Zhang, J., Ling, N., Shang, W.: Improved and simplified fast motion estimation for JM. In: JVT-P021, July 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Bradshaw, J.M.: An Introduction to Software Agents. In: Bradshaw, J.M. (ed.) Software Agents, pp. 3–46. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Bema Koes, M., Nourbakhsh, I., Sycara, K.: Communication efficiency in multi-agent systems[C]. In: Robotics and Automation, Proceedings ICRA 2004. IEEE International Conference on 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Joint Video Team (JVT), reference software JM10.1, http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/download/jm10.1.zip
- 10.Dependable Agent Systems. IEEE Intelligent Systems Special Issue, 19(5) (September/October 2004)Google Scholar