A Multi-agent Framework for Collaborative Product Design
To survive the increasing worldwide competition, new technologies are required by product manufacturers to improve both effectiveness and efficiency of collaborative design and. In this paper, a computational model of collaborative product design is proposed to facilitate the management and coordination of the collaborative product design process. Based on this model, the system architecture of a multi-agent framework for collaborative design is discussed. A software prototype featured by flexibility, scalability, distributed decision-making, and etc., is now being developed.
KeywordsDesign Task Design Project Collaborative Design Software Prototype Design Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cutkosky, M.R., Engelmore, R.S., Fikes, R.E., Genesereth, M.R., Gruber, T.R., Mark, W.S., Tenenbaum, J.M., Weber, J.C.: PACT: An experiment in integrating concurrent engineering systems. IEEE Computer 26(1), 28–37 (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, W., Barthes, J.P.: An experimental environment for exchanging engineering design knowledge by cognitive agents. In: Mantyla, M., Finger, S., Tomiyama, T. (eds.) Knowledge intensive CAD-2, pp. 19–38. Chapman and Hall, Boca Raton (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Petrie, C., Cutkosky, M., Webster, T., Conru, A., Park, H.: Next-Link: An Experiment in Coordination of Distributed Agents. In: AID-1994 Workshop on Conflict Resolution, Lausanne (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Goldmann, S.: Procura: A Project Management Model of Concurrent Planning and Design. In: Proceeding of WET ICE 1996, Stanford, CA (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, J.X., Tang, M.X.: Knowledge Representation in an Agent-Based Collaborative Product Design Environment. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD 2005), vol. 1, pp. 423–428. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, J.X., Tang, M.X.: An Agent-Based Approach to Collaborative Product Design. In: Proceedings of IDETC/CIE 2006, ASME 2006 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA (2006) DETC2006-99149Google Scholar