DartGrid: A Semantic Grid and Application for Traditional Chinese Medicine
The rapid growth of web along with the increasing decentralization of organizational structures has led to the creation of a vast interconnected network of distributed electronic information in many fields such as medical science, bioinformatics, high-energy physics etc. The data produced and the knowledge derived from it will lose value in the future if the mechanisms for sharing, integration, cataloging, searching, viewing, and retrieving are not quickly improved. Building upon techniques from both Semantic Web  and Grid  research areas, we propose the DartGrid  which exhibits a Dynamic, Adaptive, RDF-mediated and Transparent (DART) approach for building semantic grid applications.
KeywordsTraditional Chinese Medicine Intelligent Transportation System Service Layer Semantic Query Semantic Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wu, Z., Chen, H., Huang, C., et al.: DartGrid: Semantic-based Database Grid. In: 4th International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2004), June 2004, Kraków, Poland (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, H., Wu, Z., Mao, Y., Zheng, G.: DartGrid: a Semantic Infrastructure for Building Database Grid Applications. Concurrency Computat: Pract. Exper (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, Z., Mao, Y., Chen, H., Xu, Z.: An Ontology and Context based Client Model for Dart Information Grid. Int. J. High Performance Computing and Networking 3(4) (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, H., Wu, Z., Zheng, G., Mao, Y.: RDF-Based Schema Mediation for Database Grid. In: 5th IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Grid Computing (Grid Computing 2004), November 2004, Pittsburgh, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, H.: RDF-based Relational Database Integration and its Application in Traditional Chinese Medicine. In: The 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering, Atlanta, GA (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Mao, Y., Cheung, W.k., Wu, Z., et al.: Dynamic Sub-Ontology Evolution for Collaborative Problem-Solving. In: AAAI Fall Symposium, vol. FS-05-01, pp. 1–8 (2005)Google Scholar