Distributed Execution of Workflows in the INB
Our workflow platform offers a view of the different tools available as a single and uniform pool of services readily available for enhancing query processing. This proposal is based on an architecture for publishing biological data and services, and is designed to be a flexible client for making use of BioMOBY servers, extending them with persistency of the information retrieved for each user. We also present in this paper some biological results, which have been obtained by taking advantage of the proposed workflow execution system. This work has been developed and implemented in the National Institute for Bioinformatics (INB) in Spain (available at http://www.inab.org/MOWServ).
KeywordsSurvival Motor Neuron Survival Motor Neuron Protein Tudor Domain Automatic Interface Taverna Workbench
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ludäscher, B., Gupta, A., Martone, M.E.: A Model Based Mediator System for Scientific Data Management. In: Lacroix, Z., Critchlow, T. (eds.) Bioinformatics: Managing Scientific Data, pp. 335–370 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Lange, M., Freier, A., Scholz, U., Stephanik, A.: A computational Support for Access to Integrated Molecular Biology Data (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Gracy, J., Chiche, L.: PAT: a protein analysis toolkit for integrated biocomputing on the web. Nucl. Acids Res. 33, W65–W71 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Aldana, J.F., Hidalgo-Conde, M., Navas, I., Roldán, M.M., Trelles, O.: Bio-Broker: A biological data and services mediator system. In: IADIS International Conference, Applied Computing 2005, Algarve, Portugal, February 22-25, pp. 527–534 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Wilkinson, M.D., Gessler, D., Farmer, A., Stein, L.: The Bio-MOBY Project Explores Open-Source, Simple, Extensible Protocols for Enabling Biological Database Interoperability. In: Proceedings Virtual Conference Genomic and Bioinformatics, vol. (3), pp. 16–26 (2003) ISSN 1547-383XGoogle Scholar