Objective Accessibility Assessment of Public Infrastructures
More than 30% of the population are experiencing daily problems to access public infrastructures. Despite this, there is still no effective and widely adopted method to measure accessibility, inform users and incite managers to improve their infrastructure.
The Passe-Partout Index was designed which such goals in mind. Starting from a thorough accessibility requirements analysis accounting for obstacles related to various impairments, a complete set of measurable criteria and evaluation rules were developed. Those enable an precise, relevant, informative and objective assessment of the accessibility of public infrastructures.
KeywordsDisable People Public Infrastructure Blind People Infrastructure Manager Deaf People
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Accesmetrie, Website, http://www.accesmetrie.com
- 2.Acces City, Website, http://www.anlh.be/accescity
- 3.Secrétariat d’état au tourisme, Label tourisme et handicap (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.French National Comitee for Disabled People, Criteria and conditions for the attribution of the international accessibility symbol (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.GAMAH, IPP Online, http://www.ipp-online.org
- 6.Kéroul, Website, http://www.keroul.qc.ca
- 7.Letier, E., van Lamsweerde, A.: Reasoning about partial goal satisfaction for requirements and design engineering. In: Proc. FSE 2004 - 12th Int. Symp. on the Foundation of Software Engineering, ACM Press, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.International Commission on Technology and Accessibility, International symbol of access, http://www.ictaglobal.org/isa.html
- 9.Ponsard, C.: Specification of the Passe-Partout Index (in French), GAMAH (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Sutcliffe, A.G., Fickas, S., Sohlberg, M.M.: Personal and contextual requirements engineering. In: Proc. 13th IEEE Int. Conf. on Req. Eng. (August 2005)Google Scholar
- 11.van Lamsweerde, A.: Goal-oriented requirements engineering: A guided tour. In: Proc. RE 2001 (August 2001) (invited minitutorial)Google Scholar
- 12.van Lamsweerde, A., Letier, E.: Handling obstacles in goal-oriented requirements engineering. IEEE Trans. on Soft. Eng. 26(10) (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Westcott, J.: Improving information of accessible tourism for disabled people, European Commission (June 2004)Google Scholar