NeurOSS — Open Source Software for Neuropsychological Rehabilitation
In recent years hundreds of successful community-driven open source software projects have incarnated. However, it is quite hard to find similar success stories in the field of neuropsychological rehabilitation. This paper describes the core ideas of the NeurOSS project. The project aims at building an open source software platform for developing tools for neuropsychological rehabilitation, and gathering up a community of people from all over the world to contribute to shared collection of open source plug-in components extending and utilizing the core services of the platform.
KeywordsOpen Source Software Java Program Outer Core Core Service Java Programming Language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rajani, N., Rekola, J., Mielonen, T.: FLOSS Report: Free as in Education: Significance of the Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Developing Countries (2003), http://www.maailma.kaapeli.fi/FLOSSReport1.0.htm
- 2.The Open Source Initiative (OSI): http://www.opensource.org/
- 4.Java Programming Language: http://www.java.com/
- 5.Arnold, K., Gosling, J., Holmes, D.: Java Programming Language, 3rd edn. Addison Wesley Professional, Reading (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Apache Excalibur Project: http://excalibur.apache.org/
- 7.Eclipse Platform: http://www.eclipse.org/platform/
- 8.PicoContainer: http://www.picocontainer.org/
- 9.Fowler, M.: Dependency Injection (2004), http://martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html
- 10.Plain Old Java Object: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_Old_Java_Object