Real-Time Implementation of Broadcast Switching System Using Audio Watermark
The present study implemented a system to facilitate broadcast switching between a central broadcasting station and its local broadcasting stations using audio watermarking technology. Because extraction errors in synchronization system for broadcast switching cause broadcast accidents, audio watermark technology must be highly reliable. This research developed an audio watermarking algorithm efficiently applicable to broadcast synchronization system and implemented a broadcast switching system through the real-time application of the algorithm. SNR of broadcast signal with watermark inserted by the developed audio watermarking algorithm was 66.1dB, which is hardly distinguishable from broadcast signal before watermark insertion. In a robustness test, when MP3 compression of 96kbps and 128kbps was used, the extraction rate was 100%. In addition, the extraction rate was 100% for the addition of noise below -50db The implemented system was proved to be reliable as a broadcasting system, showing extraction rate of 100% and error rate of 0% for broadcast signal with watermark inserted in 240 hours’ actual broadcasting situation.
KeywordsAudio Signal Broadcasting System Audio Watermark Synchronization Signal Watermark Signal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kalker, T., Depovere, G., Haitsma, J., Maes, M.J.: Video watermarking system for broadcast monitoring. In: Proceedings of the Society and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, pp. 103–112 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.De Strycker, Termont, P., et al.: The VIVA project: Digital watermarking for broadcast monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 1999 International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 2, pp. 202–205 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Shin, S.W., Kim, J.W., Choi, J.U.: Technology for Hiding the ID Code of Copyrighted Works for Internet Broadcasting Service of Digital Audio. In: Conference of Korea Broadcasting Engineering Society (November 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Yan, Y., Dong, Z.: Enhancement of Angiograms via M-Band Wavelet Transform. In: Proceedings of SPIE Biomedical Photonics and Optoelectronic Imaging, pp. 165–169 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Gustafsson, F.: Determining the initial States in Forward-Backward Filtering. Transactions on Signal Processing 4(4) (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Adinolfi, M., et al.: Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 329, 117 (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Weilhammer, P.: Private communicaton, The RD20 Collaboration, preprint CERN/ DRDC 9439, Geneva (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Shin, D.H., Ahn, J.K., Shin, Y.I., Kim, J.W., Kim, J.U.: Implementation of Broadcast Synchronization System Using Audio Watermark. In: Conference of Korea Broadcasting Engineering Society (2002)Google Scholar