A MPEG-2 Video Watermarking Algorithm with Compensation in Bit Stream
Some requirements for MPEG-2 video watermarking, such as invisibility, robustness, unchanged bitstream size and real time processing, are desirable. We firstly apply a DC-based embedding strategy to MPEG-2 compressed domain and embed the watermark by modifying the DC coefficients. The strategy has three advantages over the AC-based one. Then a MPEG-2 bitstream video watermarking scheme is proposed. The watermark is embedded in DC coefficients in I frames. Because these DC coefficients are differentially coded, error caused by watermark embedding will be propagated. In order to decrease the distortion to video quality caused by error propagation, we develop a compensation algorithm worked in bit-stream, which improves the quality of the watermarked video effectively. We also give a simple control scheme to ensure that the MPEG-2 bitstream keeps its original size after watermarking. The experimental results show that the watermark is robust while guaranteeing the invisibility and real-time processing.
KeywordsVideo Quality Watermark Embedding Watermark Algorithm Table Tennis Video Watermark
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Doerr, G., Dugelay, J.-L.: A guide tour of video watermarking. Signal Processing: Image Communication 18, 263–282 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Jordan, F., Kutter, M., Ebrahimi, T.: Proposal of a watermarking technique for hiding/retrieving data in compressed and decompressed Video. ISO/IEC JTCI/SC29/WG11 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Dai, Y., Zhang, L., Yang, Y.: A new method of MPEG video watermarking technology. In: Proceedings of ICCT 2003, pp. 1845–1847 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhu, Z., et al.: New Algorithm for Video Watermarking. In: Proceedings of ICSP 2002, pp. 760–761 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Ling, H., Lu, Z., Zou, F.: New real-time watermarking algorithm for compressed video in VLC domain. In: Proceedings of ICIP 2004, pp. 2171–2174 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Setyawan, I., Lagendijk, R.L.: Extended differential energy watermarking (XDEW) algorithm for low bit-rate video watermarking. In: The Proceedings of the Seventh Annnal Conference of the Advanced School in Computing and Imaging, Heijen, The Netherlands, pp. 202–209 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Simitopoulos, D., Tsaftaris, S.A., Boulgouris, N.V., Strintzis, M.G.: Compressed-domain video watermarking of MPEG streams. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICME 2002, vol. 1, pp. 569–572 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Lu, T.T., Chang, P.C.: Key-based video watermarking system on MPEG-2. In: Proc. of SPIE: Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents V, vol. 5020, pp. 516–525 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.ISO/IEC, Information Technology-Generic Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio Informations: Video. ISO/IEC 13818-2 (1995)Google Scholar