Fuzzy Logic in Stuttering Therapy
Artificial intelligence (AI) was always widely explored by medical systems. We follow the trend, and try to use AI techniques to develop Orator – a system that would be helpful in a therapy of stuttering patients. The paper describes very shortly the background and the solution of intelligently controlling therapy parameters. Logopedist and patients opinions are shown as the evaluation of developed system.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Artificial Intelligence Technique Repetition Signal Unstressed Syllable Delay Auditory Feedback
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.VENKATAGIRI H.: Fluency Tutorials. Iowa State University (2003), http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cmdis476/tutorials/fluency_tutorials/definition_of_stuttering.html
- 2.TARKOWSKI Z.: Suttering (in polish). Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN. Warszawa (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.GOLDMAN-EISLER F.: Psycholinguistics. London (1968)Google Scholar
- 4.ROLAND-MIESZKOWSKI M.: DSA (Digital Speech Aid) – a New Device to Decrease or Eliminate Stuttering. In: 1st World Congress on Fluency Disorders 1994 (Accessed in, 2003), http://www.digital-recordings.com/publ/pubdsa1.html
- 5.Delayed Audio Feedback System for Treatment of Stuttering. Luminaud, Inc., http://www.luminaud.com/DAF.htm
- 6.PICONE J.: Signal Modeling Techniques In Speech Recognition. Texas Instr. Syst. & Inform. Sc. Lab., Japan (Accessed in, 2003), http://www.isip.msstate.edu/publications/journals/ieee_proceedings/1993/signal_modeling/paper_v2.pdf
- 7.Stuttering Therapy Devices. Casa Futura Techn., http://www.casafuturatech.com/
- 8.Sheehan Stuttering Center, http://www.stutterssc.org