Human Identification Based on Fingerprint Local Features
To meet today’s demands for constructing even better biometric systems of human identification, a few fingerprint matching techniques are presented in this paper. One can also find here a short description of fingerprint image pre-processing and the minutiae extraction scheme used in our research. Because there is still a need to find the best matching algorithm, preliminary research was conducted to compare quality differences and answer times between the analysed methods for a prepared on-line system.
KeywordsAnswer Time Registration Phase Fingerprint Image Minutia Extraction Ridge Count
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fisher, R., Walker, A., Perkins, S., Wolfart, E.: Hypermedia Image Processing Reference. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Grzeszyk, C.: Dactyloscopy (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Jain, A., Minut, S.: Hierarchical Kernel Fitting for Fingerprint Classification and Alignment. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Pattern Rocog., vol. 2, pp. 469–473 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Stock, R., Swonger, C.: Devolopment and Evaluation of a Reader of Fingerprint Minutiae, Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Technical Report (1969)Google Scholar
- 12.Wahab, A., Chin, S., Tan, E.: Novel Approach to Automated Fingerprint Recognition. IEE Proc. in Vis. Image Signal Process. 145(3) (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, D., Campbell, P., Maltoni, D., Bolle, R. (Eds.): Special Issue on Biometric Systems, IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 35(3), 273-450 (2005)Google Scholar