A New Chromatic Color Image Watermarking and Its PCA-Based Implementation
This paper presents a color image watermarking scheme based on spatial information analysis in spatio-chromatic space. Principal component analysis (PCA) is used as an appropriate tool for estimating information. We use RGB color images with a regular arrangement RGB channels into spatio-chromatic space, and PCA performs de-correlation of these signals. We show that spatio-chromatic principal components of images contain spatial information and color information, and that PCA spatio-chromatic analysis is able to help the reconstruction of full images. We propose an efficient watermarking method for color images based on the observation. Watermarks are embedded in some spatio-chromatic principal components of the image, which provide invisibility and robustness. The experimental results show that the proposed method possesses robustness against most common attacks, and image processing techniques.
KeywordsPrincipal Component Analysis Color Image Image Watermark Independent Component Analysis Image Processing Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hien, T.D., Nakao, Z., Chen, Y.-W.: ICA-based robust logo image watermarking. In: Proceedings of SPIE on Security, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VI, January 2004, vol. 5306 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Kutter, M., Bhattacharjee, S.K., Ebrahimi, T.: Towards Second Generation Watermarking Schemes. In: Proc. of the IEEE Inter. Conf. on Image Processing, ICIP 99, Kobe, Japan, vol. 1, pp. 320–323 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Kutter, M., Jordan, F., Bossen, F.: 2Digital signature of color image using amplitude modulation. In: Sethi, I.K., Jain, R. (eds.) Storage and Retrieval for Image and Video Databases V, SPIE, San Jose, CA, February 1997, vol. 3022, pp. 518–526 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Zeng, X.-Y., Chen, Y.-W., Nakao, Z., Lu, H.: A new texture feature based on PCA pattern maps and its application to image retrieval. IEICE Trans. Information & Systems, E-86D, 929–936 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Barni, M., Bartolini, F., Cappellini, V., Piva, A.: A DCT-domain system for robust image watermarking. Signal Processing, Special Issue in ”Copyright Protection and Access Control for Multimedia Services, 357–372 (1998)Google Scholar