General-Purpose Learning Machine Using K-Nearest Neighbors Algorithm
The field of machine learning is concerned with the question of how to construct computer programs that automatically improve with experience. The aim of this paper is to describe a learner machine which can be used in different learning problems without any change in the system. We designed such a machine using k-nearest neighbors algorithm. How to optimize k-nearest neighbors algorithm to be effectively used in the machine is also discussed. Experimental results are also demonstrated at the end.
KeywordsArtificial Neural Network Soccer Player Learning Problem Irrelevant Attribute Cerebellar Model Articulation Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Gaede, V., Günther, O.: Multidimensional Access Methods. ACM Computing Surveys 30(2) (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Samet, H.: The Design and Analysis of Spatial Data Structures. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Anderson, H.C.: Why Artificial Intelligence isn’t (Yet). AI Expert Magazine (July 1987)Google Scholar
- 7.Moore, A.W., Lee, M.S.: Efficient algorithms for minimizing cross validation error. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Machine Learning, San Francisco (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Berchtold, S., Boehm, C., Kriegel, H.P.: The Pyramid-Technique: Towards Breaking the Curse of Dimensionality. In: Proc. ACM SIGMOD (1998)Google Scholar