My Friend Joseph Goguen
A personal account of how Joseph Goguen and I came to work together and of the influence that Tibetan Buddhism had on us and on our collaboration. A brief discussion of some neurological experiments using meditators and how Goguen’s work connects Buddhism, computing, and cognition.
KeywordsCategory Theory Buddhist Tradition Meditation Technique Novice Meditator Buddhist Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Goguen, J.A., Harrell, F.: Foundations for Active Multimedia Narrative: Semiotic Spaces and structural blending. To appear in Interaction Studies: Social Behaviour and Communication in Biological and Artificial SystemsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Goleman, D.: Destructive Emotions: a dialogue with the Dalai Lama. Bloomsbury UK. Bantam USA (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Laberge, S.: Lucid Dreaming and the Yoga of the Dream State. In: Wallace, B.A. (ed.) Buddhism and Science: breaking new ground, pp. 233–258. Columbia University Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Lakoff, G., Johnson, M.: Philosophy in the Flesh: the embodied mind and its challenge to western thought. Basic Books, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Trungpa, C.: The Essential Chgyam Trungpa. In: Gimian, C. (ed.), Shambhala, Boston USA (1999)Google Scholar