Agent-Based Prototyping of Web-Based Systems
Agent-oriented conceptual modelling in notations such as the i* framework  have gained considerable currency in the recent past. Such notations model organizational context and offer high-level social/ anthropo-morphic abstractions (such as goals, tasks, softgoals and dependencies) as modelling constructs. It has been argued that such notations help answer questions such as what goals exist, how key actors depend on each other and what alternatives must be considered. Our contribution in this paper is to show an approach to executing high-level requirements models represented in the i* agent-oriented conceptual modelling language. We achieve this by translating these models into sets of interacting agents implemented in the 3APL language. This approach enables us to analyze early phase system models by performing rule-/consistency-checking at higher-levels of abstraction. We show how this approach finds special application in the analysis of high-level models of a web-based system.
KeywordsTask Node Executable Specification Strategic Rationale Creation Condition Agent Customer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chen, F., Yang, H., Guo, H., Xu, B.: Agentification for web services. In: Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference, pp. 514–519 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Chinnici, R.: Web Service Description Language (WSDL) Version 1.2, World Wide Web Consortium (2002), www.w3.org/TR/wsdl12/
- 5.Dastani, M.: 3APL Platform User Guide November 16, Utrecht University (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Diana, L., Mylopoulos, M.: Designing Web Services with Tropos. In: Proceedings of ICWS 2004, San Diego, USA. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Guan, Y., Ghose, A.K.: Executable specifications for agent-oriented conceptual modeling. In: Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC 2005 International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology, France, (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Salim, F., Chang, C., Krishna, A., Ghose, A.K.: Towards executable specifications: Combining i* and AgentSpeak (L). In: Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE 2005), Taipei, Taiwan (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Universal Description, Discovery and Integration, Organization for Advancement of Structured Information System (2002), http://www.uddi.org/specification.html
- 13.Yu, E.: Modelling Strategic Relationships for Process Reengineering. PhD Thesis, Graduate Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, pp. 124 (1995)Google Scholar