Distribution System Evaluation Algorithm Using Analytic Hierarchy Process
This paper presents a methodology based on the Analytic Hierarchy Process to calculate unified power quality index which provide an overall assessment of the distribution system performance. To obtain the unified power quality index, we propose the use of the AHP model which has three states: [Best] – [Real] – [Worst]. The proposed method is especially useful and effective for planning. We have applied the proposed method to an actual relatively large system. The method identified the pareto-optimal expansion plan.
KeywordsAnalytic Hierarchy Process Distribution System Reliability Index Load Point Voltage Deviation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEEE: IEEE Guide for Electric Power Distribution Reliability Indices, IEEE Std 1366 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE: IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality, IEEE Std 1159 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Bollen, M.H.J., Sabin, D.D., Thallam, R.S.: Voltage-Sag Indices – Recent Developments in IEEE P1564 Task Force, pp. 34–41 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE: IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems, IEEE Std 519 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Satty, T.L.: The Analytic Network Process. RWS Publications (1996)Google Scholar