Develop Acceleration Strategy and Estimation Mechanism for Multi-issue Negotiation
In recent years, negotiation has become a powerful tool in electronic commerce. When two negotiation parties still have a lot of space to negotiate, little-by-little concession has no benefit to the negotiation process. In order to improve negotiation efficiency, this study proposes a negotiation acceleration strategy to facilitate negotiation. In addition, this paper develops an estimation mechanism with regression technique to estimate the preference of opponent, with which results the joint utility of negotiation can be maximized. Finally, an example is given to illustrate the proposed estimation mechanism.
KeywordsUtility Maximization Negotiation Process Electronic Commerce Negotiation Strategy Acceleration Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Li, J., Cao, Y.D.: Bayesian learning in bilateral multi-issue negotiation and its application in MAS-based electronic commerce. In: Proceedings of Intelligent Agent Technology. IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference, pp. 437–440 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Oliver, J.R.: On artificial agents for negotiation in electronic commerce. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 337–346 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Oprea, M.: An adaptive negotiation model for agent-based electronic commerce. Studies in informatics and Control 11(3), 217–279 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Raiffa, H.: The art and science of negotiation. Harvard University Press (1982)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, L.M., Huang, H.K., Chai, Y.M.: A learning-based multistage negotiation model. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 140–145 (2004)Google Scholar