Multiagent Realization of Prediction-Based Diagnosis and Loss Prevention
A multiagent diagnostic system implemented in a Protégé-JADE-JESS environment interfaced with a dynamic simulator and database services is described in this paper. The proposed system architecture enables the use of a combination of diagnostic methods from heterogeneous knowledge sources. The process ontology and the process agents are designed based on the structure of the process system, while the diagnostic agents implement the applied diagnostic methods. A specific completeness coordinator agent is implemented to coordinate the diagnostic agents based on different methods. The system is demonstrated on a case study for diagnosis of faults in a granulation process based on HAZOP and FMEA analysis.
KeywordsFault Detection Multiagent System Diagnostic Agent Loss Prevention Fault Tree Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Cameron, I.T., Raman, R.: Process Systems Risk Management. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Knowlton, R.E.: Hazard and operability studies: the guide word approach. Chematics International Company, Vancouver (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Jordan, W.: Failure modes, effects and criticality analyses. In: Proceedings of the Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, pp. 30–37. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (1972)Google Scholar
- 8.The Protégé Ontology Editor and Knowledge Acquisition System (2004), http://protege.stanford.edu
- 9.Yang, A., Marquardt, W., Stalker, I., Fraga, E., Serra, M., Pinol, D.: Principles and informal specification of OntoCAPE, Technical report, COGents project, WP2 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Agent Building and Learning Environment (ABLE), http://www.research.ibm.com/able
- 11.Reticular Systems. AgentBuilder - An integrated Toolkit for Constructing Intelligence Software Agents (1999), http://www.agentbuilder.com
- 13.JADE - Java Agent Development Framework, http://jade.tilab.com
- 14.Nwana, H.S., Ndumu, D.T., Lee, L.C.: ZEUS: An advanced Tool-Kit for Engineering Distributed Multi-Agent Systems. In: Proc. of PAAM 1998, pp. 377–391 (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.JESS, the Rule Engine for the Java platform, http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/
- 16.Balliu, N.: An object-oriented approach to the modelling and dynamics of granulation circuits, Ph.D Thesis, School of Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia 4072 (2004)Google Scholar