An Efficient Algorithm for Evacuation Problems in Dynamic Network Flows with Uniform Arc Capacity
In this paper, we consider the quickest flow problem in a network which consists of a directed graph with capacities and transit times on its arcs. We present an O(n logn) time algorithm for the quickest flow problem in a network of grid structure with uniform arc capacity which has a single sink where n is the number of vertices in the network.
KeywordsTime Algorithm Resource Allocation Problem Tree Network Network Constraint Grid Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mamada, S., Uno, T., Makino, K., Fujishige, S.: An O(nlog 2 n) algorithm for a sink location problem in dynamic tree networks. Discrete Applied Mathematics (to appear)Google Scholar
- 3.Mamada, S., Makino, K., Fujishige, S.: Evacuation problems and dynamic network flows. In: Proc. SICE Annual Conference 2004, pp. 530–535 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Ibaraki, T., Katoh, N.: Resource allocation problems under submodular constraints. In: Resource Allocation Problems: Algorithmic Approaches, pp. 144–176. MIT Press, Cambridge (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Fujishige, S.: Nonlinear optimization with submodular constraints. In: Submodular Functions and Optimization, 2nd edn., pp. 223–250. Elsevier Science Ltd, North-Holland (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Mamada, S., Makino, K., Fujishige, S.: Optimal sink location problem for dynamic flows in a tree network. IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals E85-A, 1020–1025 (2002)Google Scholar