String Extraction Based on Statistical Analysis Method in Color Space
A method based on statistical characteristics and color space consistent with human visual perception for pixels classification is brought forward in this paper. In the airline coupon color design, we use colors to distinguish different object, the idea is embodied in this method. The marked characteristics suitable for object pixels classification have been found by analysis the statistic characteristics of all sorts of pixels. The experiments have proved that this method is simpler, more efficacious and can support data analysis for the whole coupon project.
KeywordsColor Space Color System Color Pixel Human Visual Perception Object Pixel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Zhao, et al.: A High Accuracy Rate Commercial Flight Coupon Recognition System. In: Proc. of 7th International Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, Edinburgh, pp. 82–86 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, Y., et al.: String Extraction in Complex Coupon Environment Using Statistical Approach. In: Proc. of 7th International Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition, Edinburgh, pp. 289–294 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Wand, X., Kuo, C.C.: A new approach to image retrieval with hierarchical color clustering. IEEE Trans. on CSVT 8(5) (September 1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Billmeyer, F.W., Saltzman, M.: Principles of Color Technology, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York (1981)Google Scholar
- 5.Pei, S.C., Cheng, C.M.: Extracting color features and dynamic matching for image data-base retrieval. IEEE Trans. on CSVT 9(3), 501–512 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Bartkowialk, M., Domanski, M.: Vector median filters for processing of color images in various color spaces. In: Proc. IEE Conference on Image Processing and Its Applications, pp. 4–6 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Gong, Y., Proietti, G., Faloutsos, C.: Image indexing and retrieval based on human perception color clustering. In: Proc. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Santa Barbara, CA, pp. 578–583 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Lu, X.: Color Science in Encapsulation. ZhenZhou University Press (2002)Google Scholar