Mining Interest Navigation Patterns Based on Hybrid Markov Model
Each user accesses a Website with certain interest. The interest is associated with his navigation patterns. The interest navigation patterns represent different interest of the users. In this paper, hybrid Markov model is proposed for interest navigation pattern discovery. The novel model is better in prediction overlay rate and prediction correct rate than traditional Markov models. User group interest is also defined in this paper. The probability of user group interest navigation from one page to another is computed by navigation path characteristics and time characteristics. Compared with the previous ones, the results of the experiment show that the performance is improved efficiently by the hybrid Markov model.
KeywordsMarkov Model User Group User Access Output Symbol Path Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wexelblat, A., Maes, P.: Footprints:History-rich Web browsing. In: The CHI 1999 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 1999), pp. 270–277. ACM, Pittsburgh (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Bettina, B., Andreas, H., Dunja, M., Maarten, V.S., Myra, S., Gerd, S.: Web Mining: From Web to Semantic Web. In: First European Web Mining Forum, EMWF 2003, Cavtat-Dubrovnik, Croatia (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Zaiane, O.R., Srivastava, J., Spiliopoulou, M., Masand, B.M.: Mining Web Data for Discovering Usage Patterns and Profiles. In: 4th International Workshop, pp. 19–29. Springer, Edmonton (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Papoulis, A.: Probability, random variables, and stochastic processes. McGraw Hill, New York (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.Mogul, J.C., Chan, Y., Kelly, T.: Design, Implementation and Evaluation of Duplicate Transfer Detection in HTTP. NSDI, 43–56 (2004)Google Scholar