Intelligent Diagnostics for Sound Reproduction System by the Use of PEAQ
After finishing the design of the sound reproduction system, it is necessary and important to evaluate how much each component of the sound reproduction system affects the final quality of audio. In this paper, we present an intelligent diagnostics for sound reproduction system. It is based on PEAQ(ITU-R BS. 1387) and artificial neural networks. This method makes it possible to consider the human preferences for various genres of music which differ from nation to nation and culture to culture.
KeywordsSound Source Sound Quality Advanced Version Audio Quality Objective Difference Grade
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harley, R.: The Complete Guide to High-End Audio, 3rd edn. Acapella Publishing (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-R Rec. BS. 1116-1: Method for the Subjective Assessment of Small Impairments in Audio Systems including Multichannel Sound Systems. International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, Switzerland (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.ITU-R Rec. BS. 1534-1: Method for the Subjective Assessment of Intermediate Quality Level of Coding Systems. International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, Switzerland (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.ITU-R Rec. BS.1387: Methods for Objective Measurements of Perceived Audio Quality. International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, Switzerland (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Thiede, T., et al.: PEAQ - The ITU Standard for Objective Measurement of Perceived Audio Quality. J. Audio Eng. Soc. 48(1/2), 3–29 (2000)Google Scholar