Multiple-Point Bit Mutation Method of Detector Generation for SNSD Model
In self and non-self discrimination (SNSD) model, it is very important to generate a desirable detector set since it decides the performance and scale of the SNSD model based task. By using the famous principle of negative selection in natural immune system, a novel generating algorithm of detector, multiple-point bit mutation method, is proposed in this paper. It utilizes random multiple-point mutation to look for non-self detectors in a large range in the whole space of detectors, such that we can obtain a required detector set in a reasonable computation time. This paper describes the work procedure of the proposed detector generating algorithm. We tested the algorithm by using many datasets and compared it with the Exhaustive Detector Generating Algorithm in details. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm outperforms the Exhaustive Detector Generating Algorithm both in computational complexities and detection performance.
KeywordsNegative Selection Detector Generate Clonal Selection Algorithm Detector Candidate Negative Selection Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D’haeseleer, P.: An Immunological Approach to Change Detection: Theoretical Results. In: Proceedings of the 9th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Workshop. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Forrest, S., Perelson, A.S., Allen, L., Cherukuri, R.: Self-Nonself Discrimination in a Computer. In: Proceedings of the 1994 IEEE Symposium on Research in Security and Privacy, Los Alamitos, CA (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, J., Bentley, P.: Immune Memory in the Dynamic Clonal Selection Algorithm. In: Proceedings of ICARIS 2002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Ayara, M., Timmis, J., de Lemos, R., de Castro, L., Duncan, R.: Negative Selection: How to Generate Detectors. In: Proceedings of ICARIS 2002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Singh, S.: Anomaly Detection Using Negative Selection Based on the r-contiguous Matching Rule. In: Proceedings of ICARIS 2002 (2002)Google Scholar