Radial Basis Function Network for Traffic Scene Classification in Single Image Mode
In this paper, a radial basis function (RBF) network based method inspired by mature algorithms for face recognition is applied to classify traffic scenes in single image mode. Not to follow traditional ways of estimating traffic states through image segmentation and vehicle tracking, this method avoids complicated problems in digital image processing (DIP) and can operate on just one image, while the old ones rely on consecutive images. The proposed method adopts discrete cosine transform (DCT) for feature selection, then a supervised clustering algorithm is fulfilled to help design hidden layer of RBF network for which Gaussian function is chosen, finally linear least square (LLS) is used to solve the weights training problem. Experiments show that this method is valid and effective under the new application background.
KeywordsRadial Base Function Face Recognition Discrete Cosine Transform Traffic State Radial Base Function Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Benjamin, M., Osama, M., Nikolaos, P.P.: Tracking All Traffic. IEEE Robotics and Automation, 29–36 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Hsu, W.L., Liao, H.Y.M., Jeng, B.S., Fan, K.C.: Real-time traffic parameter extraction using entropy. In: IEE Proceedings of Vision, Image and Signal Process, pp. 194–202 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Fatih, P., Li, X.K.: Traffic Congestion Estimation Using HMM Models Without Vehicle Tracking. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, 188–193 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Pan, Z.J., Alistair, G.R., Hamid, B.: Image Redundancy Reduction for Neural Network Classification using Discrete Cosine Transforms. In: Proceedings of the IEEE-INNS-ENNS International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 149–154 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Smith, R.M., Johansen, T.A.: Local Learning in Local Model Networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks, pp. 40–46 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Tarassenko, L., Roberts, S.: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning in Radial Basis Function Classifiers. In: IEE Proceedings of Vision, Image and Signal Processing, pp. 210–216 (1994)Google Scholar