Application of Neural Networks for Integrated Circuit Modeling
Application of feedforward neural networks for integrated circuit (IC) modeling is presented. In order to accurately describe IC behaviors, a set of improved equations for dynamic feedforward neural networks has been utilized for IC modeling. The rationality of the improved equations is elucidated by analyzing the relation between the circuits and the equation parameters. Through some special choices of the neuron nonlinearity function, the feed- forward neural networks can themselves be represented by equivalent circuits, which enables the direct use of neural models in existing analogue circuit simulators. Feedforward neural network models for some static and dynamic systems are obtained and compared. Simulated results are included to illustrate the accuracy of the neural networks in circuit modeling.
KeywordsNeural Network Feedforward Neural Network Modeling Task Circuit Simulation Dynamic Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Meijer, P.B.L.: Table Models for Device Modelling. In: Proc. Int. Symp. On Circuits and Syst., pp. 2593–2596 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.Meijer, P.B.L.: Neural Network Applications in Device and Subcircuit Modelling for Circuit Simulation. Ph.D. Dissertation, Proefschrift Technische Universiteit, Eindhoven (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, T., Adali, T.: Universal Approximation of Fully Complex Feedforward Neural Networks. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 973–976 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Stinchcombe, M., White, H.: Universal Approximation Using Feedforward Networks with Non-sigmoid Hidden Layer Activation Functions. International Joint Conference on Neural Network, 613–617 (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, J.J., Yagoub, M.C.E., Ding, R.T., Zhang, Q.J.: Feedforward Dynamic Neural Network Technique for Modeling and Design of Nonlinear Telecommunication Circuits and Systems. In: Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 930–935 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Ong, E., Flitman, A.: Using Neural Networks to Predict Binary Outcomes. Intelligent Processing Systems, 427–431 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Charalambous, C., Charitou, A., Kaourou, F.: Comparative Analysis of Artificial Neural Network Models: Application in Bankruptcy Prediction. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 3888–3893 (1999)Google Scholar