Identification of Crack Location and Depth in Rotating Machinery Based on Artificial Neural Network
With the characteristics of ANN’s strong capability on nonlinear approximation, a new method by combining an artificial neural network with back-propagation learning algorithm and modal analysis via finite element model of cracked rotor system is proposed for fast identification of crack fault with high accuracy in rotating machinery. First, based on fracture mechanics and the energy principle of Paris, the training data are generated by a set of FE-model-based equations in different crack cases. Then the validation of the method is verified by several selected crack cases. The results show that the trained ANN models have good performance to identify the crack location and depth with higher accuracy and efficiency, further, can be used in fast identification of crack fault in rotating machinery.
KeywordsMode Shape Artificial Neural Network Model Rotor System Crack Depth Transverse Crack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wauer, J.: On the Dynamics of the Cracked Rotors: A Literature Survey. Applied Mechanics Review 43(1), 13–17 (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Bachschmid, N., Pennacchi, P., Tanzi, E., Audebert, S.: Identification of Transverse Cracks in Rotors Systems. In: Proc. ISROMAC-8 Conf., Honolulu Hawaii, pp. 1065–1072 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Wen, B.C., Wu, X.H., Ding, Q., Han, Q.K.: Dynamics and Experiments of Fault Rotors (in Chinese), 1st edn. Science Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Wen, B.C., Gu, J.L., Xia, S.B., Wang, Z.: Advanced Rotor Dynamics (in Chinese), 1st edn. China Machine Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Hagan, M.T., Demuth, H.B., Beale, M.H.: Neural Network Design. PWS Publishing Company, Boston (1996)Google Scholar