Minimax Probability Machine for Iris Recognition
In this paper, a novel iris recognition method is proposed based on a state-of-the-art classification technique called minimax probability machine (MPM). Engaging the binary MPM technique, this work develops a multi-class MPM classification for reliable iris recognition with high accuracy. The experiments on iris database demonstrate that compared to the existent methods, the MPM-based iris recognition algorithm obtains better classification performance. It can significantly improve the recognition accuracy and has a competitive and promising performance.
KeywordsGaussian Kernel Decision Boundary Iris Image Linear Kernel Iris Feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ma, L., Wang, Y.H., Tan, T.N.: Iris Rocognition Based on Multichannel Gabor Filtering. In: Proceedings of the Fifth Asian Conference on Computer Vision, Australia, vol. 1, pp. 279–283 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y., Han, J.Q.: Three-stage Iris Localization with Multi-scale Approach (in Chinese). Microelectronics and Computer 22, 26–29 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Lanckriet, G.R.G., Ghaoui, L.E., Bhattacharyya, C., Jordan, M.I.: Minimax Probability Machine. In: Pro. Advances in Neural Information Processing System (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Bertsimas, D., Sethuraman, J.: Moment Problems and Semidefinite Optimization. In: Handbook of Semidefinite Optimization, pp. 469–509. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.CASIA Iris Image Database, http://www.simobiometrics.com