Multimodal Priority Verification of Face and Speech Using Momentum Back-Propagation Neural Network
In this paper, we propose a priority verification method for multimodal biometric features by using a momentum back-propagation artificial neural network (MBP-ANN). We also propose a personal verification method using both face and speech to improve the rate of single biometric verification. False acceptance rate (FAR) and false rejection rate (FRR) have been a fundamental bottleneck of real-time personal verification. The proposed multimodal biometric method is to improve both verification rate and reliability in real-time by overcoming technical limitations of single biometric verification methods. The proposed method uses principal component analysis (PCA) for face recognition and hidden markov model (HMM) for speech recognition. It also uses MBP-ANN for the final decision of personal verification. Based on experimental results, the proposed system can reduce FAR down to 0.0001%, which proves that the proposed method overcomes the limitation of single biometric system and proves stable personal verification in real-time.
KeywordsHide Markov Model Face Recognition Speech Recognition Face Image Verification Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu, X., Chen, T., Kumar, V.: On Modeling Variations for Face Authentication. In: Proc. 2002 Int. Conf. Automatic Face, Gesture Recognition, pp. 369–374 (2002)Google Scholar
- Gu, Y., Thomas, T.: A Hybrid Score Measurement for HMM-based Speaker Verification. In: Proc. 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, vol. 1, pp. 317–320 (1999)Google Scholar
- Devillers, J.: Neural Network in QSAR and Drug Design. Academic Press, San Diego (1996)Google Scholar
- Rowley, H., Baluja, S., Kanade, T.: Neural Network-based Face Detection. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis, Machine Intelligence 20(1), 203–208 (1998)Google Scholar
- Kim, Y., Park, C., Paik, J.: A New 3D Active Camera System for Robust Face Recognition by Correcting Pose Variation. In: Proc. 2004 Int. Conf. Circuits, Systems, pp. 1482–1487 (2004)Google Scholar
- Rabiner, L., Juang, B.: Fundamentals of Speech Recognition. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1993)Google Scholar