Simulation Research on Applying Fault Tolerant Control to Marine Diesel Engine in Abnormal Operation
Study of maintaining safe operation of marine main engine while one or several faults occur in marine systems has been put a high value recently in field of shipbuilding industry. The paper establishes a dynamic mathematical model of marine main engine system and analyses its characteristics while it is in abnormal conditions. Afterwards, a fault tolerant control system with artificial neural network algorithm is designed for improvement of operation of main engine that is in abnormal operation under consideration that a fault tolerant control system is able to fulfill function of fault toleration. The results of simulation experiments show that this fault tolerant control system is suitable for safe operation of marine main engine system.
KeywordsDiesel Engine Abnormal Condition Main Engine Simulation Research Fault Tolerant Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen, Y.: Marine Engine Room Intelligent Fault Tolerant Control System Based on Remote Communication. Master’s Dissertation in Shanghai Maritime University. Shanghai, China (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, W.: Recent Development of Fault Tolerant Control of Dynamic System. J. Hebei Polytechnic Institute 19(1), 28–37 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhao, G.: Research of Diesel Engine Electronic Speed Regulator Based on Generalized Predictive Control. Internal-Combustion Engine Engineering 19(3), 30–35 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhu, Y.: Marine Engine Intelligent Fault Diagnosis System Based on FNN. Mater’s Dissertation in Shanghai Maritime University. Shanghai, China (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Patton, R.J.: Fault-Tolerant Control - the 1997 Situation. In: Proc. of IFAC/IMACs Symposium of Fault Detection - Supervision and Safety for Technical Process, Hull, England, pp. 1033–1055 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Wen, X.: Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control of Control System. Mechanical Industry Publishing House, Beijing (1998)Google Scholar