Determine Discounting Coefficient in Data Fusion Based on Fuzzy ART Neural Network
The method of discounting coefficient is an efficient way to solve the problem of evidence conflicts. In this paper a new method to calculate the discounting coefficient of evidence based on evidence clustering by the way of fuzzy ART neural network is proposed. The discounted evidence is taken into account in belief function combination. A numerical example is shown to illustrate the use of the proposed method to handle conflicting evidence.
KeywordsCombination Rule Belief Function Evidence Theory Basic Probability Assignment Transferable Belief Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Zouhal, L.M., Denoeux, T.: An Evidence-theoretic K-NN Rule with Parameter Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics 28(1), 263–271 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Zadeh, L.: A Simple View of the Dempster-Shafer Theory of Evidence and Its Implication for the Rule of Combination. AI Magazine 7(2), 85–90 (1986)Google Scholar
- 10.Dubois, D., Prade, H.: Representation and Combination of Uncertainty with Belief Functions and Possibility Measures. Computational Intelligence 4(1), 244–264 (1998)Google Scholar
- 18.Yong, D., Shi, W.K., Zhu, Z.F.: Combining Belief Functions Based on Distance of Evidence. Decision support system 38(1), 489–493 (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Zadeh, L.A.: A Simple View of the Dempster-Shafer Theory of Evidence and its Implication for the Rule of Combination. AI Magazine 7(1), 85–90 (1986)Google Scholar