Application of Blind Source Separation to Five-Element Cross Array Passive Location
Passive acoustic source location and tracking can be implemented by microphone array, which makes it have a broad application on target detection and fault diagnosis etc. Five-element planar cross array is an effective structure for acoustic source location, but the bad location results often obtained by conventional relative acoustic source location methods in complicated environments. This paper proposed a novel passive acoustic source location method based on blind source separation and thoroughly analyzed this new location algorithm. Experiments show that a more stable and accurate location results may be obtained by this new location method. The implementation of this location method is relatively simple and effective, which can satisfy the demand of engineering application.
KeywordsCanonical Correlation Analysis Array Element Blind Source Separation Microphone Array Time Delay Estimation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, Z.: Little Array High Precision Acoustic Source Passive Location, Ph.D Thesis (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Bjorklund, S., Ljung, L.: A Review of Time-Delay Estimation Techniques. In: Proceedings of 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol. 3, pp. 2502–2507 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Cheng, Z., Tjhung, T.T.: A New Time Delay Estimator Based on ETDE. IEEE Trans. on Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing 51(7), 1859–1869 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Huang, G.M., Yang, L.X., He, Z.Y.: Time-Delay Direction Finding Based on Canonical Correlation Analysis. In: ISCAS 2005, pp. 5409–5412 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhang, R.T., Fang, K.T.: An Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis. Science House (1982)Google Scholar