Growing Hierarchical Principal Components Analysis Self-Organizing Map
In this paper, we propose a new self-growing hierarchical principal components analysis self-organizing neural networks model. This dynamically growing model expands the ability of the PCASOM model that represents the hierarchical structure of the input data. It overcomes the shortcoming of the PCASOM model in which the fixed the network architecture must be defined prior to training. Experiment results showed that the proposed model has better performance in the tradition clustering problem.
KeywordsCovariance Matrix Vector Basis Training Process Machine Learn Database Orthonormal Vector Basis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Blackmore, J., Miikkulainen, R.: Incremental Grid Growing: Encoding High-Dimensional Structure into a Two-Dimensional Feature Map. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, San Francisco, CA, vol. 1, pp. 450–455 (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Fritzke, B.: Growing Grid A Self-Organizing Network with Constant Neighborhood Range and Adaption Strength. Neural Processing Letter 2, 1–5 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Rauber, A., Merkl, D., Dittenbach, M.: The Growing Hierarchical Self-organizing Map: Exploratory Analysis of High-Dimensional Data, pp. 1331–1341. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Pampalk, E., Widmer, G., Chan, A.: A New Approach to Hierarchical Clustering and Structuring of Data with Self-Oranizing Maps. Intell. Data Analysis 8, 131–149 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Murphy, P.M.: UCI Repository of Machine Learning Database and Domain Theories[online], Data of access: March 2001, Available, http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html