A Real Time Radio Link Monitoring Using CSI
In this paper, a real time radio link monitoring scheme for wireless communication applications is proposed. It can be used as a part of the radio resource management for the efficient radio link control in wireless communication systems. The proposed method is based on the use of the channel state information transmitted or generated by mobile terminals and base stations. In contrast to the existing radio link monitoring schemes, the proposed method can provide very fast responses to the channel variations so that it is appropriate for the real time operations. In addition, the proposed scheme is computationally efficient to implement.
KeywordsChannel State Information Radio Link Receive Signal Strength Indicator Wireless Communication System Radio Resource Management
- 1.Foschini, G., Golden, G., Valenzuela, R., Wolniansky, P.: Simplified Processing for High Spectral Efficiency Wireless Communication Employing Multi-Element Arrays. IEEE Journals on Selected Areas in Communications 17, 1843–1852 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Merrill, W., Newberg, F., Sohrabi, K., Kaiser, W., Pottie, G.: Collaborative networking requirements for unattended ground sensor systems. In: Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1–13 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Nowicki, E.: Resource allocation for multimedia messaging services over EGPRS. Master of Science thesis, Dublin City University (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Hattori, T., Sasaki, A., Momma, K.: A new mobile communication system using autonomous radio link control with decentralized base stations. In: Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 579–586 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Nordstrand, I., Bodin, S.: Radio link failure. US Patent No. 5487071 (1996)Google Scholar