Channel Estimation of High Rate WPAN System with Diversity Technique
A simple channel estimation technique for IEEE 802.15.3 HR WPAN system is proposed and assessed, which gives improved performance in multi-path channel. HR WPAN system can be designed for supporting multimedia traffic in the wireless home network. The demand for a high data rate and reliable technology will increase continuously. To satisfy the demand, we design a new architecture that applies the diversity technique to the HR WPAN system. The proposed scheme can estimate multi-path channel easily by simple operation using preamble, and also can be utilized in the situation of using one or two transmit antennas.
KeywordsMean Square Error Root Mean Square Channel Estimation High Data Rate Channel Impulse Response
- 2.Bjerke, B.A., Proakis, J.G.: Multiple-antenna diversity techniques for transmission over fading channels. In: IEEE WCNC 1999, Italy, September 1999, pp. 1038–1042 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Hashemi, H., Tholl, D., Morrison, G.: Statistical modeling of the indoor radio propogation channel-part I. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 4, pp. 338–342 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Alamouti, S.M.: Trellis-coded modulation and transmit diversity: design criteria and performance evaluation. IEEE Universal Personal Communications 1, 703–707 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Foschini Jr., G.J., Gans, M.J.: On limits of wireless communication in a fading environment when using multiple antennas. Wireless Personal Commun. (March 1998)Google Scholar
- 9.IEEE Std P802.15.3-2003 (2003)Google Scholar