Multicast OLSP Establishment Scheme in OVPN over IP/GMPLS over DWDM
OVPN (Optical Virtual Private Network) over IP (Internet Protocol)/GMPLS (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching) over DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology with QoS assurances is considered as a promising approach for the next generation OVPN. In this paper, we suggest a multicast OLSP (Optical Label Switched Path) establishment mechanism for supporting high bandwidth multicast services. For the establishment of the multicast OLSP, we propose a new multicast tree generation algorithm VS-MIMR (Virtual Source-based Minimum Interference Multicast Routing) that finds the minimum interference path between virtual source nodes. We also suggest an entire OVPN control mechanism to adapt the operation of the routing and signaling protocols of GMPLS.
KeywordsResource Reservation Virtual Private Network Border Gateway Protocol Virtual Source Multicast Session
- 2.Kompella, K., Rekhter, Y.: OSPF Extensions in support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching. In: IETF RFC, vol. 4203 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Bates, T., et al.: Multiprotocol Extension for BGP-4. RFC2858 (June 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Berger, L.: GMPLS Signaling Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions. In: IETF RFC, vol. 3473 (January 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Lang, J.: Link Management Protocol (LMP). IETF RFC4204 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Aggarwal, R., et al.: Extensions to RSVP-TE for Point to Multipoint TE LSPs, draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-p2mp-01.txt, IETF Internet Draft (June 2005)Google Scholar