SZK Proofs for Black-Box Group Problems
In this paper we classify several group-theoretic computational problems into the classes PZK and SZK (problems with perfect/statistical zero-knowledge proofs respectively). Prior to this, these problems were known to be in AM ∩ coAM. As PZK ⊆ SZK ⊆ AM ∩ coAM, we have a tighter upper bound for these problems.
KeywordsPolynomial Time Permutation Group Solvable Group Double Coset Group Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arvind, V., Kurur, P.P.: Graph Isomorphism is in SPP. IEEE Foundations of Computer Science, 743–750 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Babai, L.: Local Expansion of Vertex-Transitive Graphs and Random Generation in Finite Groups STOC, pp. 164–174 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Babai, L., Szemerédi, E.: On the Complexity of Matrix Group Problems I. IEEE Foundations of Computer Science, 229–240 (1984)Google Scholar
- 8.Goldreich, O., Vadhan, S.: Comparing Entropies in Statistical Zero Knowledge with Applications to the Structure of SZK. In: IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Luks, E.M.: Permutation groups and polynomial-time computation, in Groups and Computation. DIMACS series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 11, pp. 139–175 (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.Sahai, A., Vadhan, S.: A Complete Promise Problem for Statistical Zero-Knowledge. Foundations of Computer Science, 448–457 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Vadhan, S.: A Study of Statistical Zero-Knowledge Proofs, Ph.D Thesis, MIT, Revised 8/00 (1999), http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~salil/papers/phdthesis.ps