An Artificial Neural Network for the Selection of Winding Material in Power Transformers
The selection of the winding material in power transformers is an important task, since it has significant impact on the transformer manufacturing cost. This winding material selection has to be checked in every transformer design, which means that for each design, there is a need to optimize the transformer twice and afterwards to select the most economical design. In this paper, an Artificial Neural Network (ANN) is proposed for the selection of the winding material in power transformers, which significantly contributes in the reduction of the effort needed in the transformer design. The proposed ANN architecture provides 94.7% classification success rate on the test set. Consequently, this method is very suitable for industrial use because of its accuracy and implementation speed.
KeywordsArtificial Neural Network Hide Layer Power Transformer Economical Design Optimum Transformer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.CENELEC harmonization document 428.1 S1 (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Georgilakis, P.S., Tsili, M.A., Souflaris, A.T.: A heuristic solution to the transformer manufacturing cost optimization problem. In: Proceedings of the 4th Japanese-Mediterranean Workshop on Applied Electromagnetic Engineering for Magnetic, Superconducting and Nano Materials (JAPMED’4), Cairo, Egypt (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Moravej, Z., Vishwakarma, D.N., Singh, S.P.: ANN-Based Protection Scheme for Power Transformer. Elect. Mach. Power Syst., 875–884 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Denuth, H., Beale, M.: Neural Network Toolbox. For Use with MATLAB, User’s Guide, Version 4.0 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Georgilakis, P., Gioulekas, A., Souflaris, A.: A Decision Tree Method for the Selection of Winding Material in Power Transformers. In: Proceedings of the 4th Japanese-Mediterranean Workshop on Applied Electromagnetic Engineering for Magnetic, Superconducting and Nano Materials (JAPMED’4), Cairo, Egypt (2005)Google Scholar