Real-Time Visualization in the Grid Using UNICORE Middleware
This paper presents real-time data streaming and client side visualization which was developed using UNICORE middleware. Described here IVis system extends UNICORE capabilities and allows for streaming of the data produced by the running simulations. IVis client provides user with advanced tools for data visualization and analysis. The developed software can be also used for remote steering and control. The important feature of the developed solution is utilization of the UNICORE security infrastructure which allows for data streaming without opening new holes in the firewall. The performance of the IVis system has been measured and is presented. We have found that bandwith is mostly limited by the network speed. Performed tests conformed that developed tools can be efficiently used for data streaming and on-line visualization and streaming on the grid.
KeywordsData Streaming UNICORE Security IVis System Security Infrastructure Interactive Access
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Erwin, D.W., Snelling, D.F.: UNICORE: A Grid Computing Environment. In: Sakellariou, R., Keane, J., Gurd, J., Freeman, L. (eds.) LNCS. vol. 215, p 825. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.UNICORE: Unicore Forum, http://www.unicore.org
- 3.Wypychowski, J., Pytliński, J., Skorwider, Ł., Benedyczak, K., Wroński, M.B.: Life Sciences Grid in EUROGRID and GRIP projects. New Generation Computing 22(2), pp. 147–156 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Erwin, D. (ed.): UNICORE plus final report – uniform interface to computing resources Forschungszentrum Jülich (2003) ISBN 3-00-011592-7Google Scholar
- 5.IVis. SourceForge, http://unicore.sourceforge.net
- 6.Kollman, P.: AMBER (Assisted Model Building with Energy Refinement). University of California, San Francisco, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Goss-Walter, T., Letz, R., Kentemich, T., Hoppe, H.-C., Wieder, P.: An Analysis of the UNICORE Security Mode Global Grid Forum, Grid Forum Document – Informational, GFD-I.18 (September 2003)Google Scholar