Parallel Implementation of Software Package for Modelling Bi–phase Gas–Particle Flows
This paper presents the concept and some details of implementation of a software package designed for modeling bi–phase gas–particle flows, using DEM and MP–PIC methods. In particular, this package allows for the parallel implementation of computations on shared-memory systems. The performance of the sequential and parallel versions of the package is investigated. A short characteristic of the testbed is included.
KeywordsParallel Implementation Desktop Machine Physical Processor Loose Phase Pthreads Library
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bis, Z.: Circulation Fluidisation of Polidispersed Mixtures (in Polish). Czestochowa University of Technology, Czestochowa (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.GCC Homepage, http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc
- 4.Intel Compilers, http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers
- 5.Intel Hardware Design Homepage, http://developer.intel.com
- 6.Leszczynski, J.: The Calculation of a Normal Force Between Multiparticle Contacts Using Fractional Operators. Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics 2, 2043–2047 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Pluta, S.: Organization of computation and development of simulation software by the example of modeling bi-phase flows (in Polish). PhD thesis, Czestochowa University of Technology (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Sakai, M., Yamamaota, T., Murazaki, M., Miyoshi, Y.: Application of Distinct Element Method to Criticality Evaluation of MOX Fuel Fabrication Facility. In: Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Nuclear Criticality Safety - ICNC 2003, pp. 160–166 (2003)Google Scholar